HYAK – As summer fades, so does daylight. The start-time for rock blasting on I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass is now 7 p.m. For the safety of our crews, the work must be performed during daylight hours.
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and contractor crews will close I-90 in both directions from Gold Creek (milepost 56) to the Price Creek Sno Park (milepost 61) on Tuesday, Sept. 6, Wednesday, Sept. 7, and Thursday, Sept. 8, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. each day.
Rock blasting is part of the $551 million I-90 Snoqualmie Pass East – Hyak to Keechelus Dam project to widen a five-mile stretch of the highway from four to six lanes and improve reliability and safety. This project is scheduled to be complete in 2017.
Drivers will also need to plan for the following traffic impacts on I-90 from milepost 55 to 58 (east of Snoqualmie Pass):
· Crews will conduct rolling slowdowns on Tuesday, Sept. 6, through Friday, Sept. 9.
· Crews will restrict westbound traffic to one lane in each direction on Tuesday night, Sept. 6, through Friday morning, Sept. 9, from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m. each night, and Friday night, Sept. 9, at 10 p.m. to Saturday morning, Sept. 10, at 7 a.m.
· Crews will restrict eastbound traffic to one lane on: Tuesday night, Sept. 6, through Thursday morning, Sept. 8, from 8 p.m. to 11 a.m. each night, Thursday night, Sept. 8, from 8 p.m. through Friday morning, Sept. 9, at 9 a.m., and Friday night, Sept. 9, from 10 p.m. through Saturday morning, Sept. 10, at 7 a.m.
Drivers may also experience minor delays associated with single lane closures on I-90 from Price Creek (milepost 62) to Easton Hill (milepost 68) on Tuesday night, Sept. 6, through Friday morning, Sept. 9, from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. each night.
For additional traffic impacts and to better plan trips across the pass, WSDOT offers the following tools:
· Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for e-mail updates
· Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
· Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
· Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
· Follow WSDOT on Twitter
· Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511