HYAK –Pending U.S. Forest Service (USFS) approval, crews will close I-90 in both directions from Gold Creek (milepost 56) to the Price Creek Sno-Park (milepost 61) Monday, Sept. 19, through Thursday, Sept. 22, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. each night.
Because of extremely high fire danger, USFS did not allow blasting on I-90 Sept. 12 through Sept. 15.
Other traffic impacts along I-90 for the week of Sept. 19 include:
· 24-hour lane restriction starting Monday, Sept. 19 through the end of October from Easton (milepost 70) to the Cle Elum area (milepost 80). Drivers need to plan for added travel time through the construction zone.
· Drivers will experience rolling slowdowns and lane restrictions east of Hyak (milepost 54).
· On Monday, Sept. 19, at 6 a.m. through Friday, Sept. 23, at 12 p.m. drivers will experience a single-lane closure on westbound I-90 west of Denny Creek Bridge (two miles west of the summit of Snoqualmie Pass).
For a complete list of traffic impacts, drivers can use the following tools:
· Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for e-mail updates
· Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras.
· Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
· Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
· Follow WSDOT on Twitter
· Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511