LYNNWOOD – Drivers should plan for lane and ramp closures on southbound I-5 through Lynnwood starting Sunday, Sept. 18, as crews near the finish line of the I-5/196th Street SW braided ramp project.
Crews will close multiple lanes of southbound I-5 each night while they complete electrical and drainage work and install new signs and lighting:
· Sunday, Sept. 18 – Crews will close up to three lanes of southbound I-5 between 164th Street SW and I-405 beginning at 8 p.m. All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday morning.
· Sunday, Sept. 18, and Monday, Sept. 19 – Drivers should plan for rolling slowdowns on southbound I-5 Sunday and Monday near 164th Street SW between 11:59 p.m. and 4 a.m. while crews install a sign bridge.
· Monday, Sept. 19 - Wednesday, Sept. 21 – Crews will close up to three lanes of southbound I-5 between 164th Street SW and I-405 Monday through Wednesday beginning at 7 p.m. All lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. the following morning.
Drivers can also expect nightly closures of on- and off-ramps in the project area. Crews will provide signed detours around the following closures:
· Monday, Sept. 19 – Thursday, Sept. 22 – The on-ramp from 164th Street SW to southbound I-5 will close Monday through Thursday night from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· Monday, Sept. 19 - Wednesday, Sept. 21 and Friday, Sept. 23 – The southbound I-5 off-ramp to both directions of 196th Street SW will close Monday through Wednesday night from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. and Friday night from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. The ramp will remain open Thursday night.
· Monday, Sept. 19 – Friday, Sept. 23 – The off-ramp from SR 525 to southbound I-5 will close Monday through Friday night from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
· Monday, Sept. 19 - Friday, Sept. 23 – The off-ramp from I-405 to southbound I-5 will close Monday through Friday night from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Drivers should also plan ahead for a full weekend closure of the southbound I-5 on-ramps from I-405 and SR 525 Sept. 23-26.
This work is part of the I-5/196th Street SW braided ramp project. WSDOT is building new on- and off-ramps to help eliminate lane-weaving and reduce congestion-related collisions on busy southbound I-5 between I-405 and 196th Street SW. For details, graphics and photos, visit: www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/I5/196thIC/BraidedRamp.