Drivers should make plans to avoid delays on southbound I-5 through Lynnwood this weekend as crews kick off a series of ramp and lane closures Friday night, Sept. 23.
Weather permitting, crews will close multiple ramps in the Lynnwood area as they work to complete new southbound I-5 on-ramps from SR 525 and I-405:
· Friday, Sept. 23 – Monday, Sept. 26 – The southbound I-5 on-ramp from SR 525 will close at 9 p.m. Friday and the on-ramp from I-405 will close at 11 p.m. Friday. Both ramps will remain closed until 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 26.
· Northbound I-405 drivers will follow a signed detour using the 164th Street SW interchange. Drivers can also use alternate routes like SR 522, SR 527, SR 524 and SR 104 to reach southbound I-5.
· Drivers on southbound SR 525 can take southbound SR 99 to 196th Street SW or 220th Street SW to reach southbound I-5. Drivers can also reach southbound I-5 via Alderwood Mall Parkway and westbound 196th Street SW.
· Saturday, Sept. 24 and Sunday, Sept. 25 – The southbound I-5 off-ramp to 196th Street SW will close Saturday and Sunday nights. The ramp will close from 10 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday and from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday.
· Sunday, Sept. 25 – The southbound SR 525 on-ramp from Alderwood Mall Parkway and a single lane on southbound SR 525 will close at 10 p.m. Sunday and reopen at 5 a.m. Monday.
Drivers can also expect nighttime lane closures on southbound I-5:
· Friday, Sept. 23 - Crews will close the right lane of southbound I-5 between I-405 and 196th Street SW from 7 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday.
· Saturday, Sept. 24 and Sunday, Sept. 25 - Crews will close two lanes of southbound I-5 between I-405 and 196th Street SW. On Saturday, crews will begin closing lanes at 7 p.m. and will reopen both lanes by 9 a.m. Sunday. On Sunday, crews will begin closing lanes at 8 p.m. and will reopen both lanes by 5 a.m. Monday.