# 1: Use environmentally friendly products. In doing some research, I learned a few interesting facts about bamboo.
· Bamboo is the fasted growing plant on the planet.
· Bamboo grows one third faster than the fastest growing tree.
· Bamboo can be harvested in 3-5 years.
There are some really great organizing products out there made from bamboo. A few examples are kitchen utensil organizers for drawers, recipe boxes, dish racks and tea boxes.
# 2: Use ordinary items that you already have on hand to give belongings a home.
Anything you have that allows you to store belongings together has potential to be a “home.” Shoeboxes, plastic buckets, margarine tubs, plastic fruit trays, large ice cream tubs. Just don’t store too many which will cause more clutter!
# 3: Pass on belongings to someone else who would like to give them a home, keeping them out of landfills.
· Donate items to your favorite charity, it will help the charity and someone will be thrilled to find your “treasure.”
· Use online sites where you can sell or even just give away belongings.
· Ask family and friends who may want items or they may know someone who will.
Organize your home, help the environment and feel good about it!