Life jacket cabinet now open at Wyatt Park
The life jacket cabinet located at Wyatt Park is open and available for both kids and adults from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day.
Life jackets can be checked out and must be returned by the end of each day.
Directions are posted on each cabinet explaining how to size and fit your child into a life jacket. Waivers and checkout forms available on the cabinets must be signed and placed in the check out box to use a life jacket.
Safe Kids Snohomish County maintains the life jacket cabinets throughout the year so that they are available for use during the summer months.
To stay safe in the water this summer, follow these tips and guidelines:
• Never swim alone!
• Always use a life jacket if you will be in a boat or in the water.
• Life jacket size/weight must be correct for the person.
• Life jacket must fit snugly. When arms are lifted the life jacket should not lift up to the chin.
• All jacket straps, zippers, and ties must be fastened.
• Tuck in any loose straps to avoid getting hung-up.
• Always have one wearable life jacket for each person in your boat.
• Keep children in life jackets at all times when in a boat.
• Life jackets are not babysitters. Never leave a child alone near water.
• Lake Stevens Fire reminds you to be water smart as the weather warms up.