October 30 marks the last home football game in the current stadium. The work to replace the stadium will begin immediately and is the last major project of the 2005, $65.5 million dollar bond.
Voters overwhelmingly approved the bond which provided for the building of Cavelero Mid High and the modernization of Hillcrest Elementary, Mt. Pilchuck Elementary, Sunnycrest Elementary, and the commons/office area of Lake Stevens High School.
The first project that was completed was the replacement of the track and the football/soccer field with FieldTurf.
With the reopening of the new stadium facility in the fall of 2010, the projects promised in the 2005 bond will be completed on time and within budget.
• LSHS vs. Snohomish, gates open at 6 p.m.
• PreGame: Autumnfest and Senior Night
• Free give-aways to the first 250 families Viking Bumper Stickers and Rally Towels
• Pre game recognition of Superintendent David Burgess, 2005 Bond Chair Suzanne Quigley, Director of Facilities Robb Stanton. (After the senior football players are recognized). Suzanne Quigley to hand off Presentation Football to Referee to begin Game
• Half Time will include the following, invite to all past football players, band members, cheerleaders and coaches in attendance to come down to the track at half-time to stand and be recognized.
• The following VIPs are recognized on the field: Dr. David Burgess, Superintendent of Schools.
Dr. Suzanne Quigley- Chair of the 2005 Citizens Bond Committee.
Robb Stanton, Director of Facilities, Supervised and Managed all construction projects.
Senator Steve Hobbs, past 1988 LS Viking graduate and Washington State Senator for the 44th District.
Ken Collins, LS High Principal, Viking Football Coach for 15 years, and past football player with WSU and the New England Patriots.
Chris Pratt, Viking Hall of Fame, 1997 LSHS Graduate and Viking football player, currently starring in TV series Parks and Recreation; previously starred in Everwood and The OC and various TV and Movie roles.
Mari Taylor, Lake Stevens Board Member and President. Rod Mace, Lake Stevens Board Member and Vice President. David Iseminger, Lake Stevens Board Member and Legislative Representative. John Boerger, Lake Stevens Board Member. Bob Bernethy, Past Lake Stevens Board Member for 12 years.
Mike Anderton, Election into the Viking Hall of Fame.
Chris Pratt will hand off ceremonial display ball to Ken Collins marking the last game played in stadium.
Ceremonial display ball will be signed by current players and football coaches and placed on display in the LSHS trophy case.
End of the game celebration with symbolic turning off of the lights. Memorial “I was here for the Last Game” post card given away as fans exit.
Thank you to Wells Fargo Bank – Lake Stevens, Ink It Your Way, and Patrick’s Printing and Tim Posey of John L. Scott, for their donations in support of the Rally Towels and to the Purple and Gold Club for the Viking Bumper Stickers.