Lake Stevens Fire offers a few safety tips to help keep your holiday safe.
If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
Keep anything that can catch fire away from your stove top.
Don’t wear loose sleeves or loose clothing while cooking.
If a fire starts in a pot or pan, use the lid to extinguish flames; otherwise use a fire extinguisher.
Plug microwave ovens and other cooking appliances directly into an outlet. Never use an extension cord for a cooking appliance, as it can overload the circuit and cause a fire.
Turkey fryers are extremely dangerous and most safety organizations do not recommend their use. Make sure your smoke alarms are working.
Be sure to have a fire escape plan in place, in case of an emergency.