Closet Organizing: What to Keep and What to Part With
What’s the first thing we need to think about when it comes to our closets? Answer: We wear 20% of our clothing 80% of the time. So, what’s hanging up (or heaped on the floor) in there? Most likely, a lot of clothing that hasn’t seen the light of day in a long time. A lot of clothing that is just taking up space. A lot of clothing to push past so we can grab the same 20% that we do wear over and over again.
So what should we keep in our closets? My advice is to only keep clothing that:
• Looks good on you
• Feels good when you wear it
• Fits you well
I believe that when you get dressed each day, you should look and feel your best! Why wear something that doesn’t fit those criteria?
This leads me to the clothing you need to part with in your closet:
• Clothing with rips, tears or stains-really, even if it is comfy!
• Clothing in the wrong size-store future sizes someplace else
• Clothing that turned out to be a mistake-call it good and donate it
• Clothing that is out of style-please don’t save it until it comes back around
• Clothing that just doesn’t make you feel your best
• Clothing that you haven’t worn in at least one year
Pass on clothing that is in good condition to someone you know or to a charity, someone will find it and be thrilled with a good deal. When you part with it you won’t miss it because you weren’t wearing it anyway!
Closet organizing is easy when you have a clear idea about what to part with and what to keep to make you feel great when you get dressed each day!
Contact Kristofferson at http://www.EfficientOrganizationNW.com