Independence Day is a time to celebrate and enjoy the holiday with friends and family.
This year, be sure your family stays safe and knows the dangers of fireworks.
All fireworks including those purchased at legal stands can be destructive or deadly if handled irresponsibly. Even the smallest of fireworks, such as sparklers, can reach 1200-1800 degrees Fahrenheit.
According to the Washington State Patrol, fireworks caused over half a million dollars in property loss in 2011. In Snohomish County there were 17 fireworks-related fires and 35 fireworks related injuries.