Sun-worshippers take heart. You don't have to be drenched in sunshine to have a fun summer. In fact, mental suntans are available within the four walls of the Sno-Isle Library nearest you.
Sno-Isle makes it easy and convenient to explore without concern about weather or cost through books, magazines, videos, programs, classes and events. All you need to start your bright exploration is a free Sno-Isle library card, available through your local community library.
So if you're thinking of what to do this summer, here are four reasons to visit the library.
1) Digital books and more. Sno-Isle Libraries offers thousands of eBook titles which you can borrow free of charge. eBooks can be checked out online with a library card, and an electronic device (Mac or PC laptop or desktop computer, mobile device, smart phone, e-reader or portable device). In addition to digital books, you can also conveniently download audio books, music and videos via the Internet from the comfort of home or while on vacation.
2) Speak the language. Traveling abroad or always wanted to bone up on another language? Libraries are a great place to learn another language! Sno-Isle has print, audio and eBooks which can help. The library also offers free access to online language training lessons, games and activities to help you with Spanish, French, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Italian, German and others. And if better English is your quest, you can also find books and CDs to improve English-speaking and writing skills.
3) Programs and events for the whole family. Looking for something for your teen or infant to do this summer? Are you a stay-at-home mom or dad and need some time for you? In addition to recreational reading and music, you’ll find a treasure chest of free summer programs, cultural events, classes, or activities for your no-cost getaway.
• Kids: www.sno-isle.org/explore/summer/
• Teens: www.sno-isle.org/explore/teensummer/
• Adults: www.sno-isle.org/explore/adultsummer/
4) Specialized resources. The Internet can be a costly necessity, not a luxury, for some individuals. That’s why Sno-Isle’s public computers with Internet access represent a bargain. Or just bring your laptop and take advantage of the library’s Wi-Fi for Web browsing in a relaxed atmosphere. And information-seekers frustrated with 1.6 million hits to a Bing or Google search can take advantage of the personalized help of the library’s highly skilled information professionals. Librarians can help you find what you’re looking for on practically anything — including the answer to the question, "How long does summer last?"
You’ll find Sno-Isle Libraries is your summer place for sun and fun.
About Sno-Isle Libraries
Sno-Isle Libraries serves 671,000 residents in Snohomish and Island counties. Sno-Isle has community libraries in Arlington, Brier, Camano Island, Clinton, Coupeville, Darrington, Edmonds, Freeland, Granite Falls, Lake Stevens, Langley, Lynnwood, Marysville, Mill Creek, Monroe, Mountlake Terrace, Mukilteo, Oak Harbor, Snohomish, Stanwood, and Sultan, as well as bookmobile stops in communities and at senior centers. Services and materials include more than 1.2 million items, reference services, electronic databases and computer equipment, Internet access, outreach programs for the homebound and local daycares, and story times for children. For more information on library services in your area, please call the Sno-Isle Libraries Service Center at 360-651-7000 or 1-877-SNO-ISLE (1-877-766-4753), or visit the website at www.sno-isle.org.