Li’l Hungry Hearts looking for donations for new school year
Li’l Hungry Hearts is a nonprofit project under the Lake Stevens Family Center and it was designed to help feed hungry school-aged children who are currently on the National School Lunch Program by providing them with supplemental food for the weekends and holidays.
Many students are getting enough to eat at school during the week through the National School Lunch Program, however, when they are home on the weekends there often is not enough to eat.
Supplemental kid-friendly foods are packaged in nondescript bags that are distributed to students on Fridays. All of the students remain completely anonymous.
The following is a Wish List for the upcoming school year:
• Chicken Noodle or Tomato Soup
• Tuna or Chicken Helper
• Cans of Tuna or Chicken
• Boxed Mac ‘n Cheese
• Top Ramen / Cup of Noodles
• Cans of Spaghetti O’s / Ravioli
• Cans of Chili / Pork & Beans / Beef Stews
• Boxed Pastas & Rice
• Granola Bars / Nutrigrain Bars
• Pop Tarts
• Fruit Snacks & Fruit Leathers
• Cookies & Crackers, individual packs
• Peanut Butter & Jam/Jelly (Plastic Jars)
• Microwave Popcorn
• Boxed Pudding & Jell-O Mixes
• Pudding / Jello Cups, Non refrigerated)
• Raisins, Trail Mix, Craisins—Individual Pack Sizes
• Cake / Cookies / Muffin Box Mixes
• Applesauce Cups & Fruit Cups
• 100% Fruit Juice Pouches
Please check expiration dates on all food that is donated. They are unable to distribute any expired food. To make a food donation, please contact Anita via email at email@example.com.
Cash donations can be made payable to: Lake Stevens Family Center, Attn: LHH, PO Box 288, Lake Stevens, Wash. 98258.