Awards and Honors - February 19, 2014
• Zac Israel of Lake Stevens earned Dean’s list recognition at George Fox University for the fall 2013 semester. Israel, a senior majoring in management, earned the distinction for earning a 3.5 grade point average or better for at least one term.
• Bailey Newell from Lake Stevens has been named to the Dean’s list at Warner Pacific College for the Fall 2013 academic term. To qualify, students must be enrolled full-time and achieve a 3.5 or greater grade point average.
• Emily Anderson, was named to the Columbia College Dean's list for the August-October and October-December 2013 sessions.
• Chelsea Pahls and Timothy Unger have made the Dean’s list at Eastern Washington University for fall quarter 2013.
• Nominated and selected by their peers, the following Lake Stevens School District employees will be recognized for their contributions to the district and for their demonstration of excellence in their work.
January recipients of the APPLE AWARD are: Gina Anderson, executive director of assessment and student learning, Ted Human, level II maintenance technician; Andy Knutson, math teacher at Lake Stevens High School and Alexander Moll, shop teacher at Lake Stevens Middle School.
• Navy Seaman Apprentice Cassamdra K. Yount, daughter of Michael J. and Lellani M. Yount of Lake Stevens, Wash ., recently completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.
Yount is a 2013 graduate of Lake Stevens High School.
• The following student from Lake Stevens was recently listed on the 2013 fall semester Dean’s list at University of Portland: Jhanica Reyes, Freshman, Nursing. Students need at least a 3.5 grade point average to be eligible for the dean’s list.
• The following students from Lake Stevens have earned placement on Gonzaga University's President's List for fall semester 2013. Students must earn a 3.7 to 4.0 grade-point average to be listed. Allison Garcia and Christian Linder.
• The following students from Lake Stevens made the Seattle Pacific University 2013 Autumn Quarter Dean’s List. Students on the Dean's List have completed at least 12 credits and attained a 3.50 or higher grade point average: Kalany Marie Crumley, Andrew Clifford Erne, Hannah Elizabeth Huesers, Colin Scott Lewis, Kaitlyn Nicole Schuler and Nicole Marie Spitzer.