Lake Stevens Journal - Your hometown newspaper since 1960


By Pam Stevens
Managing Editor 

Suspect shot by home-owner's friend during Lake Stevens robbery Second suspect apprehended


Two men attempted to rob a homeowner and his friend at gunpoint at the 7000 block of 126th Dr. NE in Lake Stevens on Tuesday, February 25.

At approximately 6 p.m. that evening two suspects entered the home where the homeowner and his friend were working in the garage.

The friend of the homeowner grabbed a gun from his car and shot one of the suspects while the other suspect fled the scene.

The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office responded to the 911 call.

“It is believed that two men, the homeowner and a male acquaintance, were in the garage when two males entered with their faces covered and attempted to rob them at gunpoint,” Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Shari Ireton said in a written statement. “The acquaintance of the homeowner, a 33-year-old male, allegedly pulled a gun out of his car and shot one of the robbery suspects.  The other suspect fled.” 

The wounded suspect, 41, was taken to Harborview Medical Center and was still in the hospital when the Journal went to press.

The 33-year-old homeowner was taken to Providence Hospital for medical evaluation and released that same night.

On Monday, Sheriff’s Deputies arrested the second suspect in the robbery. The 32-year-old Arlington man was booked into the Snohomish County Jail.

“During the course of the investigation detectives learned that the two male suspects alleged that they were accompanied to the location that evening by a 33-year-old woman and 27-year-old man in a green Honda,” Ireton said. “The man arrested admitted to having driven the four of them to the location after having stopped at a variety of stores to buy gloves, zip ties and duct tape.  He also admitted to fleeing the scene with the woman and one of the men in the Honda, leaving behind the suspect who was shot by the homeowner’s friend.”

Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office’s Major crimes detectives continue to work on the case and expect additional arrests to be made.

Deputies had to close 68th St. NE from 123rd Ave. NE to traffic for several hours the night of the shooting.


Reader Comments