Snohomish PUD awards local students in photo contests
Snohomish County PUD today announced the names of local students who won awards in the utility’s 2014 art and photography competitions. The contests engage students in energy topics.
For the PUD photography contest, High School students were challenged to capture the theme of “Energy in Action” in a photograph. Five students won awards, as follows:
• Sarah Campo | Grade 11 | Lake Stevens High School
• Ingrid Pelletier | Grade 11 | Stanwood High School
• Nikky Wyeth | Grade 11 | Lake Stevens High School
• Taylor Albrecht | Grade 12 | Glacier Peak High School, Snohomish
• Easton Lemos | Grade 12 | Snohomish High School
The winners of the competitions were recognized at the April 15, 2014, PUD Board of Commissioners meeting. The photography contest winners’ entries will be on display April 7-18, 2014, in the lobby of the PUD’s Everett headquarters.
They also are posted on the PUD website at http://www.snopud.com (click on Education/Contests & Camps).